<VV> PG trans SOLUTION found

Larry Forman larry at forman.net
Fri Aug 25 00:59:55 EDT 2017

I was able to obtain both the carb crossover balance tube with two ports
(one for the PG) and a correct PG 1/8" vacuum modulator line.   Once I
was able to install the carb crossover balance tube, I pulled the vacuum
modulator hose off the left side carb and plugged it into the PG port of
the crossover balance tube.   I plugged the left carb vertical port.   I
had already adjusted the incorrect PG dipstick for the Late length of 19
9/16" per Clarks catalog and sucked out the extra ATF from having a
shorter dipstick.   I then took it for a drive.    All PG problems were
solved!   Just getting the fluid level right and porting the vacuum
modulator to the correct port was the trick to get it working fine.

Thanks for all the suggestions.   I will stick with Dextron III or IV
for now since it seems to be working fine.   Next I will install the
correct vacuum modulator line and remove the incorrect rubber vacuum
modulator line.

Larry Forman