<VV> Don Keefe & CORSA

Arlette Pat & Carl Kelsen arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 9 17:14:42 EST 2017

So Mr. Don Keefe is to become the new Editor of the our much loved and highly regarded Communique magazine.

I believe Don Keefe has in the past had, or may still have, a long time involvement (ownership?) of a major USA based Pontiac car club and in comparatively recent times has become the new owner of the USA based National Impala Association (N.I.A.).

I am a proud member of CORSA, but I am also a long time member of the National Impala Association. I had the opportunity to meet Don Keefe this year at 2017 National Impala Association Convention in Spearfish, South Dakota. Don Keefe is certainly a pleasant guy, and he appears to have considerable experience with ‘Car Clubs’ that function as businesses (that is ‘for profit’ associations).

The world we live in never stops changing. Our values, opinions continue to change, but from my prospective CORSA is unique in that it is very different from almost all other car clubs. That ‘difference’ really appeals to me, and I value my membership of CORSA more than any other car club I belong to.

I would sincerely welcome Don Keefe to his new role and wish him well, but would advise him that CORSA in many ways is very different to other car clubs and because of this needs to be approached differently. Corvair owners from my observation enjoy technical articles over grossly photos.

Regards
Carl L. Kelsen
Proud CORSA member
RHD 1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza convertible
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia