<VV> Late model engine installation

Seth Emerson sethracer at aol.com
Mon Dec 11 16:01:52 EST 2017

Carl - Could you? Probably, should you? .. Uh .. No.  Perhaps you could rent a "cherry-picker" portable hoist to lower the engine to the ground, or better onto a moving dolly - We have Harbor Freight for those dollies here. Square wooden 2" x 3" with four casters. I like the ATV hoists for lifting the engine into place. If you drop the motor onto the correct location on the moving dolly, you can lift the transaxle up and slide it on. (Perhaps your transmission lifter can help here.  Then the assembly can be lifted up into place. Yes to doing that before the attachment of the suspension. The only pain of the suspension install is the alignment of the lower arm brackets to the differential housing. By the way, if you do end up "lifting/dropping"<grin> the engine off the stand, it is much easier to do with the sheet metal around the top sides removed. The intake manifolds are a good place to grab. No so, the sheet metal.  - Seth