<VV> powerglide fix

JUDY HOOK judynrandy at comcast.net
Sat Dec 16 12:48:23 EST 2017

My solution to the pg problem would be to change over to a synthetic tranny fluid.  It works REALLY REALLY well.  As an example of this, a while back I scored a '61 Monza parts car.  I hit the mother load.  I have no idea how long it sat, but it was a long while.  The engine was disassembled and everything re-used.  Since the engine was in such good shape, I decided to take a chance on the pg.  If it worked, I could save the known good one that previously resided in my '63 ragtop as a spare.  ( I didn't have one before this )  The only drawback would be swapping it back out if it was a lemon.  So, I got the torque converter professionally drained and flushed, readjusted the band, installed the pg in the ragtop, and added fully synthetic tranny fluid. (My personal favorite is Amsoil's "Universal ATF".)  The end result?  After many many thousands of miles, smooth shifts, and flawless operation later - No runs, a few drips, and NO errors.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook

Hopewell, PA