<VV> LM windshield panel replacement

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Dec 26 22:17:38 EST 2017

Hi folks,

I hope everyone is having a good holiday season so far.  Our Corvair present is moving our '66 to the shop to replace the panel at the bottom of the windshield (it's a green Corsa coupe, some of you may have seen it this year).  I have the Clark's galvanized panel and I'm familiar in general with the idea of cutting off and replacing the piece.  *But* I've never actually done one before and I'm not what you'd call an ace body guy, so I thought I'd ask for advice first.

Couple things I thought of so far:

 - Take measurements and make up 6 or so spacer sticks across the windshield opening to locate the panel
 - Install the front air grill to locate the other side of the panel
 - I expect to use panel adhesive to eliminate corrosion between the lower panel and cowl

Question - how should I replace the studs for the trim clips?  Clark's has screw in ones, but of course now we've drilled holes in the channel that will have water in it.  Other options?  Just use really good sealant?

Anything else I should look out for?

--Bryan