<VV> 1964 turns over, doesn't start.

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 09:53:15 EDT 2017

Having worked on a few carburetors that somebody fixed by giving it "a whack
with a hammer", I'd say that is never worth a try.  A better fix for a
sticking needle valve is a new valve.

If you have converted to an electric fuel pump, cutting the pump off a few
seconds before shutting down for an extended period will allow the needle
valves to open a bit and not stick.

I realize none of the above helps answer the original question.  To that, I
suggest that the problem is probably internal to the carbs.  Do the
accelerator pumps spray properly?  If so, fuel is getting to the carbs and
the problem is internal to them.  If little/no spray it could still be in
the carbs but could be delivery to them.

Jim Becker