<VV> CORSA's New Staff

Allan Lacki redbat01 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 13 08:57:17 EDT 2017

Hi Bob Helt,

You inquired about the background and qualifications of our new staff.  They will take over from Harry and Mike on January 1, 2018.  Here is some information about them.

Business Services.

Our new business services contractor is PRB eMedia Solutions, LLC, which consists of Paul and Ramona Bergstrom of Maple Plain, Minnesota.  Paul will be our new Executive Secretary and Ramona will be his assistant.  Paul has eight years experience as Club Office Manager and Website / Internet Forum Manager for the Pontiac-Oakland Club International (POCI).  He also worked for one year as the Commercial Advertising Manager for the Oldsmobile Club of America; 3 years as the Commercial Advertising Manager for the National Impala Association; and several years as editor of PrixViews, a bi-monthly publication of POCI's Grand Prix Chapter.  Ramona has been there along with him, having provided eight years of club office support for POCI.

Publication Services.

Our new publication services contractor is Keefe Media International, which consists of Don Keefe and Anna Haines of Palm Harbor, Florida.  Don will be our new Executive Editor and Anna will be his assistant.  Don has two years experience as Founding Editor-in-Chief of Poncho Perfection Magazine, a 64-page monthly, commercial magazine devoted to Pontiacs.  He designed the magazine from scratch and produces both printed and digital versions of the magazine.  Don also has nine years of experience as Editor-in-Chief and Creative Dirctor of POCI's Smoke Signals magazine, a 100-page monthly club publication.  In addition, he remains Creative Director of National Impala Association's Impala News, a 36-page quarterly club periodical. These are just a few of the positions he has held in the world of journalism.  Anna Haines has been there along with him for the past two years, serving as proof reader and copy editor.  In addition, she has several years experience as an English teacher and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English literature.

Social Media.

Our new social media contractor is Dr. Steve Spilatro of Marietta, Ohio.   He will be doing business with us as VairFare, LLC.   He is the webmaster for Corvanatics and the Marietta Natural History Society.  He has also developed web-based pedagogical sites and software for molecular and biological modeling with online quizes.  In addition to his experience with web-based systems, he remains Professor of Biology and Environmental Science at Marietta College, a position he has held since 1988 and where he has been accorded numerous grants and awards.

Convention Services.

Harry Jensen of Management & Publications Services, Inc. will remain on board for the next two years as our Convention Services contractor.   Harry's qualifications are well known to all of us and his vast knowledge of CORSA business methods will be a great resource for us.

The Selection Process.

Our process for selecting these people was both formal, rigorous, and subject to attorney review.  Using the existing M&P contract as a starting point, we developed specific lists of products and services expected of each contractor.  Then, we developed a standard form of agreement (contract) with all the terms and conditions for doing business with CORSA.  The product and service lists as well as the form of agreement were attached to a five-page request for proposals, which was made available last September through ZipRecruiter, all the major Corvair discussion boards, as well as the CORSA Communique.   More than 100 people asked for copies of the bid packages and several bids were received.  Ken Hand, Mike Hall and I evaluated the top nine bids to make the final choices.   Since then, all the contracts have been signed.  We're ready to go.

Former CORSA President Ken Hand and Norm Witte, Esq. initiated this process and our thanks go out to them.  Mike Hall and the rest of the Board were deeply involved in the preparation of the RFPs, the standard form of agreement and evaluation of the bids.   All said, countless hours were spent on this effort and we did the best that we could.

Allan Lacki
redbat01 at verizon.net