<VV> DIFFERENTIAL WOES

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Jul 17 17:28:07 EDT 2017

If you removed the rear race , (I do not) to get that hidden seal  , maybe
it did not seat all the way to the case.
I think there are pictures of "my method" on the 'little corvair shop in
Memphis NY' website somewhere. I use an old muffler chisel tool to sneak in
thru  the nose to push the seal out , then a pipe to seat the new one. You do
not have  to disturb that fixed pinion  race. All these PG diffs are time
bombs  waiting to have that seal fail.  I will double check for those
pictures and  add them if missing.  I think they have helped in the past.
Regards, Tim Colson
http://cnycorvair.com/Little_Corvair_Shop.php