<VV> rpm question

JUDY HOOK judynrandy at comcast.net
Mon Jul 17 22:41:50 EDT 2017

I finally got my '63 ragtop running right.  It is equipped with a "64 110" with headers/ a pg/ and 3:27 diff.  All I can say is WOW!!!!  The headers turned an already fun car to drive into one that is now unreal!  It's a blast to drive!!!!

Now, my rpm question is this:   Since I don't have a tach installed yet, when I start out from a standing stop having  manually shifted into low to get going, approximately how many rpms am I turning when I wind it out to 50 mph?

It's revving pretty good about that speed and I'm just curious as I don't want to push my luck.  I'd love to shift at 55 if there's room.  Thoughts and opinions appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook

Hopewell, PA