<VV> Parking brake adjustment?

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes at hal-pc.org
Sun Jun 25 15:53:38 EDT 2017

My parking brake lever takes a lot of travel to engage the brake. I would
like to adjust it. What/where is the 'forward check nut on the equalizer'?
>From the service manual:

"PARKING BRAKE The service brake must be properly adjusted first as a base
for the parking brake adjustment. Adjustment 1. Jack up both rear wheels.
2. Pull parking brake lever up 4 notches from fully released position. 3.
Loosen the forward check nut on the equalizer and tighten the rear one
until a heavy drag is felt when rear wheels are rotated. 4. Tighten check
nuts securely. 5. Fully release parking brake and rotate rear wheels; no
drag should be present"