<VV> [1969] Driver's head ID no.

Charles Lee chaz at properproper.com
Mon Mar 6 13:35:27 EST 2017

Do you mean the engine block #, with the date & type?

If so, it is right between and below the alternator and fan belt pulleys, by the edge of the engine cover (aka "turkey roaster").

It should be "T" followed by 2-digit month and 2-digit day followed by 2 letters indicating the engine type/model configuration, such as "RN" for an optional 140 in a Monza.

A 1969 Corvair may have the last part of the VIN on it too?

It may be messy there, depending on the condition of the car, but easily discernible even so?

Mine said "W703328" and if I recall correctly "T0219RN" (140 Monza engine built on 2/19/1969)

I also sent this to Virtual Vairs also in case they can shed more light on the topic?

Hope this helps?

Charles Lee