<VV> Corvair Tires at TireRack.com (Vredestein Sprint Classic)

Dale Dewald d66dewald at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 23:08:08 EDT 2017

Hello Gary,
Yes, I put a set of these on our original low mile (22k) '67 500 Sport
Sedan.  Vredestein lists the size as 6.40/7.00R13, with the target
market being Mercedes sedans from the 1960's.  In my opinion these are a
perfect size match to the OEM 7.00-13 bias ply factory fitted Corvair
tires.  They are identical in height to my car's original 7.00-13
Uniroyal spare and our speedometer registered spot on.  We drove the car
from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan down to the Springfield, IL
convention last July and these tires were excellent for traction (dry &
wet), handling and road feel.  We also autocrossed the car and were at
no disadvantage [due to tires, at least].

Vredestein makes these as blackwalls, which look just right on our 500
model car.  If you want whitewalls, Diamondback Classic Radials applies
several widths of whitewall to these.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI