<VV> Fuel gauge issue

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Nov 14 21:10:27 EST 2017

Key off - gauge reads < empty.
Key on - tank is full, gauge reads just above empty.
Key on - tan wire on sending unit disconnected - gauge reads > full.

Short in Sending unit  from PIN  to Flange.

When you ran out of fuel... did it take 13-14 gallons to fill?  If not    Float arm needs adjustment [ bending ]   There is normally 3-4 gallons left  when gauge reads "E"   Note:  our gauges are  opposite of most... and as I think about it... NEVER  reads below empty....  Gauge reads whatever it was when you turned off ignition.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages