<VV> Will the Corvair Kill You? (Minimal Corvair Content)

roboman91324 at aol.com roboman91324 at aol.com
Fri Nov 17 13:11:03 EST 2017

So Bob,

Don't leave us hanging.  Is Donald Trump the love child of space aliens and are they illegal?  Is that hair typical of the species?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Kidding aside, I realize that developing "click bait" has become a real profession.  I am a victim as I suspect we all are.  The content associated with the "bait" is usually a huge disappointment compared to the promise of the subject line.  AOL offers up 60 or so primary subjects on their "Welcome Page" each day with hundreds of secondary subjects.  They must have a department full of literary geniuses creating subject lines.  When you take the bait and click for the answer to the bait question, it leads to a page with minuscule content but a dozen commercial ads.  To get to the "answer" to the subject question, you need to click through a chain of 6 to 12 additional pages each with scant additional content but full of ads.  When you get to the answer to the bait question it is invariably anticlimactic.  I am at the point where I respond to fewer and fewer bait questions and when I see "Click for Slide Show" on the first page, I never click no matter how enticing the bait question is.

By the way, i agree that "Will the Corvair Kill You?" was a great bait question.  At least there was real content that followed it.

Doc