<VV> Concentric wheel spacer necessary?

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Nov 27 23:08:06 EST 2017

I thought of this discussion Sunday when I was putting the rear tires
back on my 84 F-150 after doing brakes. The factory wheels on this model
are 3/16" or so away from the center hub on the axle! Just the lug nuts
holding the wheel to the center of the axle.  Never noticed before, as
it runs the factory wheel covers, and why would I question the factory
design until I heard the term hub-centric in Corvair discussion forums.
Never an issue in 150k miles, hauling loads of heavy Corvair parts!

Frank DuVal