<VV> Screening the intake

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Sun Oct 15 22:11:07 EDT 2017

From someone that has lots of trees with small leaves I think it's an excellent idea.  The small leaves get everywhere and end up stopping up the cooling fins.  It isn't much fun to regularly take the top off to clean it out.
Jim - Any tips on attaching the screen?
Joel McGregor

-----Original Message-----
From: VirtualVairs [mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of hank kaczmarek via VirtualVairs
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2017 8:14 AM
To: VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Screening the intake

I’ve driven LM’s exclusively for the 30 years I’ve had Corvsirs.
It’s just so easy to keep your engine compartment clean I don’t see the need for screening the rear air intake.   Doing the front (if you already have the glass out) isn’t a bad idea as most people don’t go in their trunks very often, and pine needles esp. can wreak havoc on a LM
But for the trouble you’re going to go through---I wouldn’t mess with it.   R and R of the Backlight, even if everything APPEARS to be in good condition, IMO—You’re opening Pandora’s box for no good reason.  Once a week when you check your oil you can use your Shop-Vac to make sure nothing is in the engine compartment that isn’t supposed to be there.

Just my .02====HANK