<VV> Blocked brake hose

hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 09:26:33 EDT 2017

### My experience is in the UK of course, which might be different.
When I worked in a main dealership in the mid-70's this problem was not
known. I THINK (although I don't have the facts) that the manufacturers
started 'lining' the hoses about in the 90's, and that's when this
problem first appeared, or it did when those hoses got a bit older.
Even a perfectly healthy brake master cylinder (unlike a clutch master
cyl) never goes anywhere near full travel in normal use, so you never
know what is lurking at the bottom of the bore! I've heard of a number
of cars where somebody has worked on the brakes & bled the system, then
a little while later their brakes have failed because they've pressed
the pedal all the way down when bleeding.