<VV> Fwd: Jacking points rear end?

Harry Yarnell (Verizon) harryyarnell at verizon.net
Wed Oct 25 06:29:33 EDT 2017

Frank brings up an interesting subject about front motor/trans mounts. I
remember this discussion back in the day (2000?). Can't see the problem, nor
did I ever have one.
By jacking at the bellhousing, you put the mounts in compression, not
tension.
...and Frank's right about rusty corvairs; place a jack or jackstand under
the triangular support, and you'd punch right thru it. BTDT.