<VV> DD 65 Monza 110-4 - new 'noise'

Harry Yarnell (Verizon) harryyarnell at verizon.net
Tue Sep 5 16:32:05 EDT 2017

“ be careful” simply meant, hey,

this loose flywheel can break starter noses.

As to replacing more ‘stuff’, if the clutch disc looks ok (not worn down to the rivots, nor oil soaked), reuse it. Does the clutch feel ‘right’, then the pressure plate is probably ok.

You SHOULD check the welds of the starter ring on the pressure plate. Use a screwdriver to try to pry the ring off the PP at the welds to expose a cracked weld. It’s not a common problem, but happens enough that it should be checked.

Replace the pilot bushing.

Replace the throwout bearing.

Bear in mind that to do this job requires a lot of work. Do you want to go back in there again in the near future?

The other problem you’re having is probably a bad starter Bendix.

Eddie Meadows in the Orlando area is a good Corvair mechanic.