<VV> non-Corvair question...

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Fri Sep 15 15:47:25 EDT 2017

On 9/15/2017 10:59 AM, Hugo Miller wrote:
> #### Candle wax??

Dave Motohead has videos - turns out you can heat an item by not very
much, and melted wax will just wick into tight places like the stuck
threads.

I've only tried it once, with mixed results-
A horribly rusted drum and wheel (as in having been buried as an
assembly) had the lug nuts rounded off from previous efforts to remove them.
I used a grinder to knock enough of the burrs so a socket would fit on
the lugs.
Then used the candle wax method.
It broke the bond between the nut faces and the wheel enough so the
torque could get to the stud threads.
Then the studs twisted off.
We only wanted the wheel, not the studs, so we counted it a success.

--
Jay Maechtlen
SoCal