<VV> Windshield Washers

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 09:08:38 EDT 2018

Hey guys! I need some help with my windshield washers on my 64 Spyder.
The washers were not working, so I replaced the valve assembly with a kit. After replacing the valve assembly it still would not squirt until I had primed the system by squirting water into the inlet hose. Then they worked fine. 15 minutes later they still worked. But after sitting overnight they have lost their prime, and would not work until I primed them again.
Who knows how to make them work? I am not looking to change the system to an electric pump or foot pump, just trying to get the existing system to work.
Thank you!
-- Doug Mackintosh Corsa member since 1996 Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on