<VV> also in the June, 2018 issue of Hemmings Classic Car

Ed Thompson q53.832 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 15:50:45 EDT 2018

Within David Conwill's monthly column in the same issue, page 40,
commenting on "less celebrated" (my term) automotive makes and models, he
offers extremely favorable thoughts on our beloved waterless wonders.  I
especially like his closing remark, to all of us, "Just please, spare them
the Nader jokes -- they've heard them all before."

Further re the letter by reader Artie Finnegan (not a "HHC" staffer), as to
his recollections as a (youthful) Long Island, NY, Chevy dealer mechanic in
the early 60's, I suspect those thoughts may, regrettably, be fairly
indicative of technicians of that era, especially those who were very
young, and less experienced.

Ed Thompson
Milwaukee
'66 Monza sedan, 110-glide

PS re the passing of Bob Helt earlier today, I echo Matt Nall's
observation, we have truly lost a "giant" among our Vair owner / enthusiast
community.  Bob was always so kind and gracious to me, in the thirty-six
years since I recall having first met him at a CORSA event.  Bob will be
missed....