<VV> NHTSA Amber Turn Signal Study

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Wed Aug 8 07:56:03 EDT 2018

Interesting read.  One big problem is that they didn't study enough vehicles.  The chart where they compared vehicle age to rear end collisions was very telling.  Wild swings in percentages of how much amber turn signals helped or didn't in that chart.  Also the advantage of amber turn signals showed 2.8 to 8.3% but the control group of rear end accidents when turn signals were not used showed a 6.1% advantage to amber so that pretty much tells you the numbers they got were inconclusive.
Joel McGregor