<VV> NHTSA Amber Turn Signal Study

David S Malcolm david.s.malcolm at verizon.net
Sat Aug 4 16:44:33 EDT 2018

Interesting report. They seem to have done a good job given the
constraints on possible designs. Amber does seem somewhat better than
red in preventing rear end collisions.

What caught my eye was data reported that side markers in another study
reduced accidents where the car is struck in the side by about 16%,
about 4 times the effect of amber directionals. I guess all you Corvair
owners with 1967 and earllier cars should be installing 68 or 69 side
markers.

David