<VV> "Funny Car", q'est-ce que ç'est?

Marc Sheridan sheridanma1966 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 21:45:08 EST 2018

>From what I remember there was a factory experimental class in drag racing
that had pretty lenient rules. Don't remember who did it first but the '65
Dodge Coronets were the first "funny" cars I remember. The cars were
supposed to look stock, but when they altered the wheel base by moving the
wheels forward, the cars looked "funny".

Evolution of the breed took them to the fire breathing monsters that they
are today, which is way past the way they were when the term "funny car"
was coined, but the name stuck.