<VV> Rampside track width and rear toe adjustment

Ricki and Sally Jannise rsjannise at att.net
Mon Jan 15 21:54:03 EST 2018

I am restoring a '61 Rampside. I am preparing for a final installation of
the rebuilt drive train after a trial installation to check the rear toe. I
need to know the adjustment relationship between the shim thickness and the
amount of adjustment. The trial installation indicated about just under
3/16" of total toe out(no shims); .0625" on the passenger side and .0938 on
the driver's side. What thickness of shims should I use? To help check the
toe by the old-fashioned string method I need to know if the track width is
exactly the same on both ends.or how much difference there is between the
two.

Thanks!

Ricki Jannise

Corvair Houston and Corvanatics