<VV> Rampside track width and rear toe adjustment

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Jan 16 13:33:44 EST 2018

I am restoring a '61 Rampside. I am preparing for a final installation of
the rebuilt drive train after a trial installation to check the rear toe. I
need to know the adjustment relationship between the shim thickness and the
amount of adjustment. The trial installation indicated about just under
3/16" of total toe out(no shims); .0625" on the passenger side and .0938 on
the driver's side. What thickness of shims should I use? To help check the
toe by the old-fashioned string method I need to know if the track width is
exactly the same on both ends.or how much difference there is between the
two.

Thanks!

Ricki Jannise

No real "linear" relationship.    You do this after finishing the vehicle, and it is driveable.  On the ground!

Do not forget to LOOSEN  the rear engine mount NUT!!  This allows the pack to slide...

Add your shims....  tighten everything....  Drive forward 10 ft... back up 15   drive forward  5!   Then check your adjustment..

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages