<VV> LED vs regular bulbs

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Tue Jan 23 12:20:26 EST 2018

While pulling my dashboard on my 66 Monza I replaced the bulbs with LED
bulbs.? That was ok for dash lights and turn signals, but for the GEN and
FAN bulbs, they didn't work. The I discovered that the hot wire to those two
bulb sockets was on the side and the ground was at the tip on the bottom
(reverse).? An LED bulb won't work with reverse wires, a regular bulb will.?
Am I correct?

Smitty Says;  the answer is in the name, LED.  Light Emitting Diode.  Diodes
only pass current in one direction.