<VV> New Corvair Owner Needs Help (Brian)

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Thu Jan 25 10:43:43 EST 2018

Brian:

It might be beyond his skill set, but another option might be to buy a
good used pan from one of the vendors, along with a new gasket.  If he's
got ramps or access to a lift, it's only 20 or so screws around the
perimeter of the pan plus the gasket.  This approach would eliminate the
stripped threads issue for the plug.

I bought the Clark's finned aluminum pan several years ago, but those
might be too expensive for someone on a college budget ... I well
remember what that's like.  Clark's lists a good used stock pan for $36.

HTH.

Steven "when in college, I considered Pabst as my top-shelf, 'premium'
beer"  Serenska
Bristol, RI

1965 Monza Convertible, 110/4
1966 Corsa Coupe, 140/4