<VV> SHROUD "STAPLES" my method

N2VZD n2vzd at aol.com
Tue Jul 10 18:48:40 EDT 2018

I redrill all holes to .032  and use stainless tag wire. I bend them into a "U" over the nose of my pliers after cutting a pile at @ 2 1/2 inches. Then I put a SMALL amount of glue at both ends of the rubber to hold it in place at the ends. Line it up with all three pieces and start at both ends. I use a dental pick ground to a point to line up holes and poke thru the rubber and both metal . Then I twist the underside ends together tight. Then I clip them off. This has worked well for many motors. I bought 2 large  rolls of that rubber strip a long time ago ,and have used most of it up .
They look almost factory on top , and are very hard to see underneath.
   Regards, Tim Colson  C N Y C C