<VV> Convention VV meeting

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Jul 31 14:37:52 EDT 2018

Hi folks,

This year we had our usual VV meeting, this time Thursday afternoon.  Most, not all of the participants were long time members and the attendance was pretty light so it was probably about the same size as the first one back in '94.  We covered VV - Mailman 3.1 has been released, so I'll have to check if the features have caught up to 2.1.x yet.  Server wise things are going well, the box has been solid and has plenty of headroom for the foreseeable future.

As in other years, it's really not just a VV meeting, it's more about how to use the general Internet for our Corvair hobby, so we also talked about Chapter web sites, Facebook, Forums, Instagram, and the pros and cons of the various tools.  One big thing that came up is making sure your chapters site looks "alive" so prospective members will contact you.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell | Fairfax Station, Va. | bryan at skiblack.com | http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
CORSA Eastern Div Director
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
  '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150