<VV> 64 run circuit problem

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 16:39:44 EDT 2018

My instinct would be to disconnect the feed to the coil & run a jumper
lead from the battery to the coil, taking the entire wiring harness out
of the equation. You say you have tried a jumper lead and experienced a
high current draw, but did you disconnect the coil from the main wiring
harness? If everything else is disconnected and you still have a high
current draw, it must be the coil that is drawing the current so I would
swap coil & condenser.  Does it have a resistor on the coil? Try a 12v
coil with no resistor?  Also syphon feed gasoline from a can on the
trunk lid into the carb (s), although from what you say you do have a
fuel supply. What happens when it dies? Does it cough & splutter for a
while? If so, how long?