<VV> Electric A/C compressor - link to VintageAir article

William Hubbell wjhubbell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 16:59:48 EDT 2018

Makes about as much sense as using electric fans to cool the Corvair engine.

Bill

On Jun 13, 2018, at 10:48 PM, FrankDuVal via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

Bill, you get the prize. The A-6 compressor system used by GM, and on Corvairs from 62 to 67, had the capacity of 60,000 BTU/hr, which is 5 Tons of cooling!

The quoted figures mentioned about the electric 12 volt compressors were :

3,753 BTU/hr.@ 31.17 amps, and 6,613 BTU/hr. @ 49.59 amps. respectively.

Just what is 6,000 btu/hr going to do in the greenhouse of a Corvair in Washington DC at 95 degrees F and 90% humidity???????

I guess if you keep the car in a cool garage and don't leave........

Frank DuVal