<VV> [UV] Looking for recommendations for Corvair dual mufflers that are quiet

Larry Forman larry at forman.net
Sat Jun 16 16:35:14 EDT 2018

Many thanks for all the great suggestions.   Many of them suggested
going to single stock exhaust, but I have both mufflers and nice chrome
tips that look great.   However, the idea of a cross over was not lost
on me and I will add one soon.

One suggestion from within my local Corvair club was to add a motorcycle
baffle in the exit of the mufflers to cut down on the noise.   I was
referred to www.denniskirk.com for those baffles.   I found that the $12
baffle that is 1-5/8" in diameter and 8 inches long fits about perfectly
inside the exit of the muffler and is held in place with an included
screw.   My muffler exit diameter is 1-3/4" and the fiberglass enclosed
baffle sits about half way inside the exit port and is not noticeable
due to the chrome tip at the end of each muffler.

I only added the two baffles and those cut down the engine noise
considerably.   No longer does the exhaust cause car alarms to go off
and I can actually carry on a conversation in the car or when idling.

Thanks to all,

Larry