<VV> Looking for recommendations for Corvair dual mufflers that arequiet

rich dixon dixon5553 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 17:08:04 EDT 2018

Sure, I believe the Harley pipe master will be there.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 6:59 PM, Tom Berg <thesuperscribe at yahoo.com> wrote:

 Several years ago a guy at the Detroit club's Homecoming was selling a duals system using Harley-Davidson "take-off" mufflers (discarded by riders who installed aftermarket pipes; they looked like they were from 883 or 1200 Sportsters). He welded them onto U-pipes and each system included hangers already installed. He was selling a system for about $200.
Another guy in an Early coupe with that system installed was cruising the area and it sounded good without being loud.  And the long chrome mufflers looked good under the rear of the car, I thought. Shoulda bought one. Instead I bought two Harley mufflers from a Canuck thinking I could put a system together myself. Never did, of course.
Don't know if that vendor will be at the next homecoming. Maybe the organizers know: Home of The Detroit Area Corvair Club (detroitcorvairs.com).
--Tom in Ohio

|  |
Home of The Detroit Area Corvair Club