<VV> Charlie Dye

Tom Berg thesuperscribe at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 16 22:16:56 EDT 2018

 Good lord, reading his friend's note is almost like reading one of Charlie's parts ads! They must be such good friends that Charlie's writing style rubbed off. :-)
I met Charlie just once, at one of the Arizona conventions, and decided that he's the King of Characters. May his remaining days be happy!
--Tom in Ohio
    On Saturday, June 16, 2018, 5:02:07 PM EDT, Matt Nall via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

>From a  "Friend of His"

 First off Charlie is still Alive and doing good for a 90 year young man its now been 3 years ago that Old Charlie had poured himself a cup of coffee in June 2015 walked outside to sit in his Plastic chair and fell to the ground as told by his lady friend that was sitting out there next to were he sat. she said he never made it to the chair. she called 911 and they revived him right there and then loaded him on an ambulance and then called me.. See I have known Charlie through my Father up until my dad passed in 1975 then I went into the Air Force. but always stayed in touch with Charlie buying what ever I needed for my Corvairs and I would even meet him at some of the conventions and even came to the Flagstaff convention. anyways Charlie was in the hospital for almost 4 weeks before they moved his to a hospital were he got almost 2 months of therapy. One day I was there visiting him in Sun City were he was. and a nurse came out and said that they were waiting on the Doctor to come s
 ign the paperwork so he can get released to the Mental Hospital in Phoenix and I told them what are you talking about and they explained that he talks to himself and is not all there.. Well it didn't take me long to get on the phone and get power of Attorney for him mainly because Paul his son has not had much to do with him and he hasn't talked to his Daughter in almost 30 years. so there was no one to take care of him so after a few weeks of him living with we and my wife at the time we got Court power to take care of him.. so his house was cleaned out and taken care of and we moved him to Apache Junction AZ. where he lives 1 block from me and he travels on a mobility scooter the streets of Apache Junction. I wash his clothes. I take him shopping 2 times a week. I take him to his Doctors Appointments. and once a month out to eat. I take out his trash his recyclables and pull his weeds and yes he still complains and would like to find a lady with a car to take him were he thinks he
  needs to go. if anyone wants to send him a Card or note I am sure he would like it. Yes he is still full of story's and will talk your ear off so I will not give out his phone number but his Address is 925 N. Plaza Dr. #89 Apache Junction Arizona 85120

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages