<VV> Farmers' Smoking Corvairs

P.H. Raker n556p at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 09:45:11 EDT 2018

     Thanks for the information, Frank.  It's good to know what really happened.     So, it appears that the truth about the Farmers' "smoking Corvair" add is that either THEIR ADD AGENCY totally got it wrong, or somebody in said agency  had "a bee in his bonnet" about Corvairs and chose to deliberately malign 'Vairs instead of telling the truth about the incident in question.  It would appear that, rather than hitting on Farmers', we should politely point out to them what has occurred and request that they find a new add agency.     Frank, can your friend do that for us?  I wouldn't expect them to publish a retraction, just to stop running that add.
Phil Raker'65 Corsa Cpe - 140/4'63 Greenbrier - 95/4

A new friend of mine works at Farmers. Mark went on the company's intraweb to research the truth of this ad for me. He said the real incident occurred in a festival parade in Washington State, but the car was actually a '79 MG. Whether an MGB or a Midget, his source didn't say. As luck would have it, the vehicle right behind the unfortunate MG was a firetruck, so the situation was handled quickly. I'll bet some spectators thought it was a staged demonstration.