<VV> Gas heater in a convertible

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Thu Mar 22 13:31:33 EDT 2018

Today's Topics:

Re: gas heater install in a '63 ragtop
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Smitty Says;  Randy I wouldn't do it unless I resolved the problems with the
original heater first.I have had two Earlie Verts that had little or no
defrost and weak heater function.  In both cases it was due to the really
flimsy crappy thin sheet metal that they made the defroster ducts out of in
the forward rocker panel area.  These ducts rust out long before rocker
panel rust shows up, allowing hot air to simply get lost into the rockers.
In both cases I cut out abput 20 inches of the forward exterior rocker panel
and hand fabricated duplicates of the original  parts with regular body
metal.  The original design works beautifully if you give it a chance.  I
have driven both cars in really cold weather and only used the electric fan
for the first couple of miles of driving.  After that relying on the engine
pressurized air only.