<VV> 65? Monza Convert. top restoration

Dave Leonard dave at arborlea.com
Sat Nov 24 23:38:56 EST 2018

Hi Carl,

I would not bother with powder-coating the top frame - more trouble than
it's worth in my opinion.  Satin black paint will do fine, and there is very
little wear on any of the painted parts, so you'll be fine with conventional
paint.  Clean it up and give it a spray, call it done,

As to the top mounting - it's very typical with other convertible tops -
nothing unusual at all.  Unless you have an original top on yours - very
unlikely I suspect - I wouldn't fret too much on the pictures.  It's really
a very straightforward replacement for a top shop to do.  The Clarks
instructions are good if I recall also.

The biggest challenge is getting the top on and tensioned with no wrinkles.
But again, a good top shop should have no issues with this.  Doing it myself
years ago I swore I would never do another!  A hot sunny day is your friend
for sure.

Dave