<VV> Fuel Leak / lug nuts

Hugo Miller Hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Thu Oct 4 16:35:08 EDT 2018

That all sounds a bit too devious for me. There’s nothing special about Corvair flywheel bolts – you could say the same about lots of other fasteners. My guess would be a simpler explanation – that they didn’t want to weaken the flange by drilling holes that were too large. If that is the case, they were clearly wrong, if racers can drill the holes out to 3/8” without the flange disintegrating.
It would interesting to hear if anybody knows the ‘inside story’ on this.