<VV> Fuel Leak - Now Lug Nuts, etc.

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Sep 30 00:22:23 EDT 2018

I have seen two cars loose a wheel due to loose lug nuts. One was a
front driver's wheel on a early 90s Park Avenue. Mechanic forgot to
tighten lug nuts after mounting wheel. Got a few blocks. Not just not
torqued, just started the nuts on the studs, got distracted, customer
picked car up.  Being the guy who repaired the car, I did not laugh at
my friend or his customer. Lucky, as within a year, I did the same thing
on an Acura with aftermarket chrome wheels. Went around the block to
test drive, made only two turns going around the block, front wheel
left, car dropped, wheel missed hitting several parked cars. I walked
back to shop to get lug wrench and jack.... Did I mention it was a $600
wheel? Lower ball joint punctured the rim as it left the car. No body
damage to car this time. Did replace grease fitting on ball joint.

Frank DuVal