<VV> Correct timing on 65 140 motor with 68 #371 distributor???

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Aug 6 18:44:01 EDT 2019

Hi John

I agree with Seth, the best thing to do would be to use the 330 parts in the rebuilt housing.  However, until you get around to that my best suggestion is to run it at the '68 spec.  The 371 distributor has 32 degrees of centrifugal advance at 3000 rpm and the spec at idle is 4 degrees, equaling the usual 36 degrees.  You might back that off a couple degrees if it pings, but that's about where I'd run it.

--Bryan