<VV> Correct timing on 65 140 motor with 68 #371 distributor???

Seth Emerson sethracer at aol.com
Sun Aug 4 10:28:29 EDT 2019

John - Here is my suggestion. If you still have the 330 distributor around, use both that one and your 371 distributor to make a proper unit for your motor. Use the double bushed 371 housing, and maybe the point plate if it is new or rebuilt. But move over the shaft and all the internals from the 330 unit, checking first to see if the springs weights are still in good shape. That will provide you the proper advance curve for the 140 motor. The 330 distributor provides 18 degrees of mechanical advance. Along with the initial setting of 18, you end up with 36 degrees total. (Many people only run 16 degrees initial advance because of pinging, making their total 34.)
-Seth Emerson