<VV> Brake hold down parts

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Aug 11 11:52:07 EDT 2019

Hmm,

Hold down spring with the wide ends (same size both ends) goes into the
cup of the self adjuster.

Hold down spring with one small end, the small end goes against a washer
against the brake shoe.

E-brake springs are usually oval or "square" cross section, as the fit
the e-brake bar.

Straight smaller spring is the self adjuster push back spring.

BTW, despite the recent Commuique article getting it wrong, Primary shoe
goes to the front of the car and is the SHORTER lining.

This above info  is for 63 to 69 with self adjusters.

Frank DuVal