<VV> bored carbs

Joe White jwcorvair at aol.com
Wed Aug 28 13:59:45 EDT 2019

You’re absolutely correct Tim. The diameter of the carburetor throat needs to change to increase the Venturi effect. The volume of the air remains consistent, the rate of air/gasoline mix flow must change. This change helps hold the gasoline-air mix in suspension so that droplets will not form causing the gasoline to fall out of the suspension.

Regardless, an almost straight through carb throat will not hold an air-fuel mix from a carb.

Sent from my iPhone