<VV> Yenko Stinger at Mecum

James P. Rice ricebugg at comcast.net
Sat Jan 12 17:18:07 EST 2019

All: Found the Stinger.  Look around 9:52 time line, lot F237  They said it
was YS-074.

According to Charlies Doerge's Yenko Stinger book from 2011, car was then
owned by Bob Joyce from Wisconsin.  He paid US$12k for it in 2001.   As
sold, car has front & read bumper guards and the wire head lite covers John
Fitch created for his Sprints, and the ever popular Minilite rims.  They
said engine was Stage III, but had triple barrel Weber's.  Don't think Yenko
used those carbs.  Stage III was the SCCA legal engine back then, and
Weber's would have been illegal.  In fact, I'm not sure triple barrel
Weber's had yet been adapted on the Corvair engine in the mid to late '60's.
Whatever.

It sold for a mind bending amount of money.  MUCH more than any Corvair I
know about.  Right up there with what John Fitch's one of one Phoenix sold
for a couple years ago.  Took my breath away.  Probably in the top ten sale
price for the auction.  But I wasn't paying that much attention to what
other cars sold for.  Somebody really wanted the car.  Actually a couple
somebodies in order to get the bid as high as it went.  WOW!!!

I hope somebody is laughing all the way to the bank.

Historically Yours,
		James Rice

Message: 1