<VV> You won't believe what a Stinger sold for TODAY!

tony.. tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Jan 13 04:28:13 EST 2019

On 1/13/2019 4:13 AM, Hugo Miller via VirtualVairs wrote:
> Shill bid or no, somebody was prepared to pay $200,000 for it!
> Personally I doubt it - they would have been very reckless to push it
> that high - if it had backfired they would have ended up paying Mecum
> $20,000 buyer's premium plus whatever the seller's fee is, all for
> nothing. Would have set a precedent though I guess.

Yep.  Although as I said, the shill thing crossed my mind (mostly
because I had trouble rationalizing anyone paying that much for a
Stinger) I agree that it would be too hazardous to attempt to pull off
without getting caught or at least hung with Mecum's cut.

PS:   The car went for 200k not 201k in my first post's typo.

tony..

---
https://www.avg.com