<VV> brake help

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Jan 23 21:25:32 EST 2019

I can tell you from almost 40 years of DOT 5 use that this internet warning is a bunch of hokum, like most unsubstantiated things one reads on the Internet, HA!

I give real world experience I have with the product.

Not being hygroscopic is the benefit of DOT 5, not a problem to be reckoned with. If it was, I would have line failure from the inside on my cars sometime during the last almost 40 years. Always rust from the outside in is the cause.

I will say I never used DOT 5 in a system using DOT 3 without rebuilding the system. Why would I? I’m trying to make a brake system that lasts for years, not pour expensive fluid in with who knows what, including all that d#$& white corrosion that DOT 3 brake systems have after a few years.

Frank DuVal