<VV> 2019 Corvair Performance Workshop - Register Now!

Allan Lacki redbat01 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 28 17:17:52 EST 2019

This year's Corvair Performance Workshop will consist of presentation sessions, parts vending and an up-in-the-air tech session, all geared toward the art of improving Corvair performance for road and track.

WHEN:  Friday-Saturday, April 5-6, 2019.
WHERE:  Corvair Museum in Decatur, Illinois.  Plus vending at the host hotel and an up-in-the-air tech session at a local auto repair center.  All located within minutes of each other.

REGISTRATION:

You can register when you arrive, but we very much prefer if you register online, right now!  Get on the internet and go here:
http://corvair.org/chapters/pcg/workshop_registration.html
Why pre-Register?   You’re perfectly welcome to register on-site, when you arrive at the workshop.  But if you register online, it will help us to make catering arrangements and save time for you at the registration table when you arrive, as we'll already have your info.  More importantly, it will enable us to contact you in case we need to make last-minute changes due to extreme weather or other unexpected situations.

WHAT DO YOU GET?

Your $35 registration fee provides:
Free admission to the Speed Lube Auto Care Center for an up-in-the-air tech session,
Free admission to the CPF Vending Area at the host hotel,
Free admission to the Corvair Museum on Friday and Saturday, where presentations will be held,
Free catered lunch on Saturday at the Corvair Museum.

THE PLACE:

The Corvair Museum is the place where we'll have the workshop presentations will occur. It’s 9,000 square feet of space are packed with Corvairs, mechanical displays, literature and artwork.
To gain entry to the Corvair Museum, enter through the Chevrolet Hall of Fame Museum door. The two museums are located in the same building.
Address:
Corvair Museum
3635 US Route 36 East
Decatur, Illinois .

HOST HOTEL

Hawthorne Suites by Windham Decatur will be our host hotel. Amenities include free, hot breakfast buffet, fitness center, free high-speed Internet, free copy and print services, a guest laundry, and dry-cleaning service. Accessible rooms and a free airport shuttle to and from Decatur Municipal Airport are also available.
PCG has blocked-out hotel rooms at a discount price for us and has also reserved a meeting room where our vendors will be buying and selling parts.  But you need to make your own room reservation.
When making reservations, mention “Corvair Performance Workshop” to receive the special price of $69 per night. Our block of rooms covers two nights, but you can reserve a room for just one night if you prefer.

Here is contact information for the host hotel:
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Decatur
2370 Mount Zion Rd
Decatur, IL 62521
Website: Google Search or Bing “Hawthorn by Windham Decatur”
Email Address: decaturhawthorn at gmail.com
Phone: (217) 864-9311

EVENT GUIDE

For more information, download our Event Guide here:
http://www.corvair.org/chapters/pcg/pcg_workshop_event_guide_2019.pdf

WE STILL NEED PRESENTERS!

If you'd like to do a stand-up presentation about your experience in modifying Corvairs to improve acceleration, top speed, handling or safety, make your intentions known ASAP!  Write-up a few sentences about your topic, specify your audio-visual equipment needs, and give us an estimate of the amount of time you'll need.  Send this info to Tracy Leveque (libgan2004 at yahoo.com) and me (redbat01 at verizon.net) and we'll let you know if we can accommodate you.  (Chances are, we will!)