<VV> Drum Removal

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Jan 30 22:05:06 EST 2019

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. 60 to 64 Corvair is the old style of
front drum/hub assembly, they are riveted together.

Remove "hub cap" i.e.cover for spindle nut, remove cotter key, unscrew
nut, remove outer bearing cone, reinstall nut a few turns, slide
assembly (drum and hub) off spindle quickly, hanging the inner bearing
on nut,. This removes inner bearing from hub, along with the seal,
without needing the seal popper tool that guarantees needing a new
seal.  Of course, "they" always say to install a new seal, but hey, I
started out cheap! Learned this from the annual (was every six months
for yeaaars) state safety inspection. No one wanted to put new seals in
for a $4 inspection charge just to check if the brake lining were safe.

So Brian, without dong the click bait thing, Why are you mentioning
Judge Judy? She is not stepping down!

Frank DuVal